Sleeping Giant Loppet: Park n' Ride
Price: $10 for Adults - Free for children and students
Three luxury coaches will be used to transport skiers from Thunder Bay to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park for the Loppet on March 7th 2020. One bus will leave from the Best Western Nor’Wester Hotel at 7:00am and travel to Confederation College. A second bus will leave the Days Inn Hotel and Suites (Sibley Drive) at 7:10 am and travel to the College. "NEW" A third bus will leave the Towne Place Marriott at 7:10am and travel to the College. Parking is free at Confederation College. All buses leave Confederation College (parking lot D, close to Thunder Bay Art Gallery) at 7:30am with an intended park arrival time of 8:45am. Skiers can park and ride from either the Nor’Wester or the College. A third bus will transport student volunteers from Lakehead University. After the Loppet, buses will leave at "NEW" 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm and 3:30pm. All buses will return to the College, Days Inn, Marriott and Nor'wester if required.
Top ten reasons for riding the bus to the Loppet:
- It’s a luxury coach, not a school bus.
- It has a warm, comfy bathroom!
- Three return times to suit your schedule.
- No need to concentrate on driving, eat your breakfast on the way to the park.
- You get dropped off as close to the start as possible.
- You reduce the parking congestion.
- The price is $10-much cheaper than a tank of gas!
- By carpooling, you are earth friendly.
- Your kids will love it and they ride free.
- You can have a snooze on the way home.